Orange essential oil, cold-pressed from the rinds of oranges, has a juicy aroma reminiscent of the fresh fruit. An important ingredient in popular blends such as Citrus Fresh™, Abundance™, Christmas Spirit™, and Peace & Calming®, Orange oil offers a sweet, peaceful aroma that can fill a room with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity.
Try making Orange essential oil part of your morning routine—either diffused or applied topically—to start your day off with an inspiring boost of citrus aroma. Orange, like other citrus oils, can cause photosensitivity, so avoid applying it to exposed skin before spending time out in the sun. Orange is delightful on its own, or you can combine it with complementary oils such as Lemon, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Neroli, or Patchouli.
Orange (Citrus sinensis) Vitality™ has a clean, refreshing scent and flavor and contains the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Young Living uses it in many products, such as NingXia Red® and our proprietary wellness supplement ImmuPro™.
Embrace the versatility of Orange Vitality essential oil as a culinary tool by using it in your cooking to brighten up or complement dishes with its citrus flavor. Use it in baked goods for an acidic contrast to the sweetness of desserts and baked goods.
Keep your body hydrated by adding a few drops of Orange Vitality oil and other Vitality oils such as Ginger Vitality to your water for a burst of flavor. Orange Vitality combines well with other fruity flavors, making it the perfect addition to smoothies, drinks, and NingXia Red.
Orange Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Support your wellness daily by adding 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and taking as a dietary supplement.
- Use in culinary dishes—sweet or savory—for added flavor and zest.
- Add 2–3 drops to a water bottle or glass of water for flavor, or mix it with other Vitality essential oils for various flavor combinations. Infusing water with dietary essential oils is a great option for anyone who struggles swallowing pills and capsules.
Orange essential oil uses:
- Diffuse Orange essential oil in your children’s play areas. They’ll love the sweet, playful scent!
- Depending on what you choose to blend with it, Orange is a great seasonal scent for both warmer and cooler months. Diffuse Orange with Lime, Lemon, or Tangerine for a sunny warm-weather scent, or diffuse it with Cinnamon and a hint of Clove for a festive smell perfect for the holidays.
- Even clean linens may need a little freshening. Combine 8–10 drops with distilled water or witch hazel in a small spray bottle and spritz over linens and in closets to keep your sheets, towels, and clothes smelling great.